The Corkiest D.I.Y


the Corkiest of Boards DIY


I decided to re-post some crafts because I wanted them to have its own category. 

      
                                                                                                              


My original post- Click here

1. D.I.Y. wine cork cork-board...



What you need:
  • 1 frame (size depends on how many corks you have, so plan accordingly) I got mine form target
  • 1 sheet of thick card stock, construction paper, or scrapbook paper
  • scissors / x-acto knife (Just in case you have to cut some to fit the frame)
  • Caulk Gun-  Homedepot 
  • a lot of wine corks - my dad gave them to me but Target has some 
  • pushpins
Lets get started:


  • Get all the supplies ready.  Measure how many corks you will need. ( Mine were four across & 11 down)
  • Glue each strip down, I made sure that it was the same brand and it was facing the same way.
  • Continue doing this until all 11 rows are covered.
  • Then just wait for it to dry. ( I waited for about 1 hr)
  • Just add pushpins  


  • 2. D.I.Y. Wine Cork Trivet...


    What you need:
    Lets get started:


  • Get all the supplies ready. 
  •  Measure how big you want it to be. ( Mine were 10 across & 4 down & i just tried to make a circle) 
  • Glue each strip down (I used a lot)
  • Continue doing this until you are satisfied with the size
  • Then just wait for it to dry. ( I waited for about 2 hours)
  • I added twine because it make it look nice and it adds support. 


  • My dad made this pot holder for our kitchen. 
    (His frame is custom built for the corks) 


    3. D.I.Y. Wine Cork Vase 

    What you need:
    • Vase
    • corks
    Lets get started:
    • Put the corks in.
    • In addition to this project - Cork Candle Holder 
      • Get two vases (big and small) 
      • Put the small one inside the big one
      • Add a candle
      • Then add the corks around the small vase


    Comments

    Popular Posts