Black.Blue.Brown.White. Purple



A little about me: I was born and raised in Long Beach California. I’m proud to say that I’m a Cali girl because I had never felt discriminated there because of my skin color. California is a melting pot state is has Mexicans, Asians, Blacks, Whites, Gays and etc. 

Someone told my husband why was he going to marry a Mexican girl. He said that Mexicans should marry Mexicans and whites should marry whites. One of the best things that my husband has ever done was telling that person that he loves me and was going to marry me.  They were uninvited to the wedding.  On our honeymoon we were shopping at the mall and people were looking at us like we were a different species and not like humans that we are.  I have realized that not every state open minded.  I’m not saying that everyone living in Arizona is racist, but there is a group of people. I didn't think that moving to Arizona would really affect me; I speak English without an accent. But recently I encountered some discrimination.  I was pulled over by security forces because I was speeding from my house to the gas station. He came and asked me for all my paperwork. He began to explain to me what I did wrong in codes that I didn’t understand. When I asked him to repeat it he looked at me rolled his eyes and walked away. I asked him to come back and explain it to me but he just kept walking. Apparently I was a stupid Mexican taking up his time so he couldn't repeat himself. The way he looked at me was with disgust. It was a horrible feeling that made me not want to be Mexican anymore. Maybe if I was white I would have not been treated that way. After coming from work that night I asked the gate guards what steps I had to take because the guy didn't have the time of day to explain. I told them I felt discriminated and they asked if he was white.  I told them yes. How sad is that? They explained that I had to give the tickets to my husband for him to take it to his boss. And when my husband told his boss what happened, he said "Don’t play that racist card, Arizona is not a racist state.”  Can anyone guess what race he is?  Yeah… When I heard that my husband had gotten yelled at because he had defended me it killed my whole day. I left to work feeling worthless.  I know I shouldn't have cared but that guy had said but he had called me a liar and that I was just using my race to get out of a ticket.  When I got home my husband planned so much cute stuff to cheer me up. I love that man.

 I found some videos that people have posted online.  Enjoy these, but remember racism is real.







Racism Against Asians


I'm not Asian but like them we are very family oriented.  
We love being around each other. Its always turns into a party when we get together. 






Racism Against Mexicans


These girls need to be prayed for. 
I found this video that responds to it. 







Comments

Popular Posts